Careers at r4
We’re always looking.
r4 is a diverse group of technologists, data scientists, business people and creative people.
No matter the role, we look for candidates who are professionally excellent, collaborative, hard-working and want to do the right thing. People who care about each other and bring out the best in each other. We have over 100 employees, and we can’t think of one who doesn’t match that description.
If you’re interested in exploring opportunities at r4, please contact us!
Senior User Interface Developer – Austin, TX (central area)
- Provide insight and feedback to help enhance and iterate on a wide-ranging suite of enterprise web applications
- Build and test modular components for use in multiple web applications and component libraries such as Storybook
- Build highly interactive data visualizations using charting libraries and/or custom d3 components
- Build and maintain meaningful unit and end-to-test tests for components and services
- Help design and implement elegant solutions to complex technical requirements
- Operate within an agile scrum team and diligently track and report on features, bugs, stories, etc
- Interact with product and business teams to help troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Follow and contribute to best practice coding and engineering standards; Help design and implement new technologies, methodologies, and processes that drive our engineering culture forward
- Interface with static analysis and security and performance testing utilities to ship hardened web applications Contribute to technical documentation
Follow WCAG 2.0 AA or section 508 compliance standards for accessibility
- An ideal candidate must have at least 5 years of working experience and a proven track record of building and shipping quality software
- Sufficient knowledge of visual aesthetic components and elements such as fonts, layout, color, graphics, etc
- Understanding of user interaction and design principles and best practices for modern web applications
- Working knowledge of OWASP and web application security standards
- Working knowledge of UNIX systems, command line and basic principles of deploying and maintaining web applications
UI Tech Stack
r4 Technologies is committed to using the latest and greatest of web development technologies to provide an excellent developer experience and ship clean, performant and maintainable web applications.
- Angular 7+
- NgRX for state management
- ES6, Typescript, Node.js
- SCSS and (some) less
- Karma, Jasmine, Jest, Protractor, (some) Mocha, (some) Chai for testing utilities Bitbucket, Jenkins, Sonarqube for CI
- (some) gulp, grunt, angularjs, jQuery, bootstrap, React
Cloud Ops Engineer – Austin, TX
The Cloud Ops Engineer works in direct support of the production cloud operations. The roles and responsibilities of the Cloud Ops Engineer can be divided into to work performed to stand up a new instance of the service for a client and the continuity and delivery of the service for live clients. Must have hands on Linux experience.
The Cloud Ops Engineer generally has the following responsibilities:
- Launching new server instances through AWS or any other supported cloud hosting service.
- Releasing new software into existing, live instances.
- Creating new base instances for servers to support the latest versions and configurations.
- Monitoring and maintaining all cloud instances at each point in the to ensure overall system availability and performance.
- Responding to monitoring alerts, performs troubleshooting to resolve incidents, and escalating complex issues to the development team.
- Communicating with customers, engineers and other technical support teams to prevent and potential network incident risks.
- Generating technical reports on the status of the instances operations including the availability, incidents numbers and resolutions.
Data Science – Ridgefield, CT
We are looking to add data experts to our team! We’re looking for people who can perform data analysis, mathematical modeling and prototyping of business problems. This role will have to identify data sources and perform data research, extraction and analysis, interpret data element learning into business attributes, and effectively communicate that information to team members and external clients.
Are you proficient in Excel? An expert at data processing? Proficient in statistics?
Are you familiar with R-language and/or Python proficiency?
Do you have experience within Oracle DB and BigData (Hadoop)? SQL?
If you’ve answered yes to all of the above, then we are looking for you!
BS/BA in Computing, Math, Business or Economics is a must; MBA preferred.
© 2021 r4 Technologies, Inc.